Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chicken and Waffles revisted

This is a short post because I have already posted a bit about the history and story of this delectable dish. However, I have found an authentic place to eat the dish. It's called Mrs. Polly's on Beale and has the mascot of a chicken (go figure, eh).
My dad and I went to a concert at The New Daisy and after the concert we were looking for a little late night grub and as we were walking down the street my eyes got a sign featuring non other than Chicken Waffles. So if you're ever in Memphis and have craving for Chicken and Waffles go to Beale street and eat at Mrs. Polly's. also ask for Mellissa, she was an excellent waitress. Just go before 9 on the weekdays because the doors will be closed if you don't. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment